Green Impact Partners Inc.
Vice President, Construction
Date Posted: April 27, 2021
Location: North America
Seniority: Senior Management
Green Impact Partners (“GIP”) is a clean technology and transition energy company. We are strategically positioned to lead the transition to green and sustainable by creating value from recycling, repurposing, and revaluing unused by-products – whether that be by minimizing uncaptured emissions, promoting sustainable developments, or renewing underutilized infrastructure.
This position is seeking a dynamic, results-driven professional to manage our growing portfolio of projects across North America. Success in this position will be determined by your ability to successfully complete on-time and on-budget projects from the development to commercial operations stage. In this role, you will have ultimate accountability for all project aspects, including leadership, design, production, procurement, and construction.
About the Role – What will you be doing? What you will be accountable for?
- Managing the development and construction of multiple renewable natural gas (RNG) and other biogas and energy transition projects across North America
- Maintaining a highly engaged and effective team that works collaboratively with other teams across GIP for optimal project execution
- Responsible for the identification of risk at various stages of the projects and ensuring that risks are appropriately mitigated
- Developing and managing the development and construction budgets
- Leading capital projects in alignment with strategic objectives while ensuring they are on schedule and within budget
- Managing the process to obtain all permits and approvals required to proceed to construction
- Leading the negotiation of key contracts for equipment supply and construction
- Creating, tracking, and managing effective reporting metrics and key performance indicators and keeping the Executive team and Board of Directors informed on project success and risk factors
- Ensuring compliance during construction with all federal, state/provincial, and county/local policies and regulations
- Leading by example to be a part of a safety-first culture and manage on-site workplace safety procedures, programs and policies
- Developing and maintaining a positive, partnership-like relationship with clients, stakeholders, peers, partners, and direct reports
- Be a part of a problem-solving environment which delivers on the company’s strategic objectives
Who Are We Looking For?
We are seeking a VP, Construction who shares in our mission and vision for a cleaner future. Our project and investment decisions will be focused on fundamental net zero principals. This means more than limiting carbon emissions or using creative reporting to shift emissions from one sector to another – we will truly assess full cycle of all business operations and decisions.
GIP has an organizational commitment to diversity in every form. We aspire to increase the representation and inclusion of diverse groups within the workplace, while highlighting the benefits of respecting a variety of views and experiences. We are living in an exciting time of rapid technological innovation; bringing multiple perspectives to the table will be instrumental in keeping up with the pace of change necessary to combat complex problems like climate change.
So, who are we looking for?
Understanding that expertise, leadership, and ability come in many different forms, GIP is looking for the strongest candidate for this role. Our process strives to offer inclusive access and opportunity to anyone seeking to apply who may provide the organization with the best fit for the role. Given that this is role requires a deep technical understanding of renewable natural gas production and clean energy generation, we are looking for someone with over 10 years expertise and previous experience in this field.
How did you get here?
- Tell us about your background. We are looking for someone with experience in a power production environment as well as who possesses a thorough understanding of construction contracts and processes. Post-secondary education and/or a bachelor’s degree in engineering or science related field would be considered an asset. This is just one example of the story of a successful candidate for this position – if yours is different, please tell us why you think you are a fit.
- Help us understand your professional journey – this role necessitates process management experience including leading and managing facility operations and maintenance, a demonstrated ability to develop and implement innovative solutions to challenging and complex problems, as well as excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- What interests you about this role? What would motivate you to perform in this position to the best of your ability?
- Experiences – if there are other formative aspects of your career or personal development that you feel contribute to your strength as a candidate for this position, please let us know.
- GIP places the utmost importance on privacy. Any information shared through the application process is kept strictly confidential and is used solely for the purposes of recruiting and hiring. For further information, please visit our website.
What Can We Offer You?
- The experience of working with a group dedicated to clean technology and the energy transition.
- A team with fundamental values around ESG, a Net Zero Earth Impact and inclusivity.
- An entrepreneurial environment focused on the maximization of all stakeholder interests.
If reading this excites you, we would love to hear from you. Tell us about yourself by sending us an email at email@example.com. Along with the information requested above, please include the following details in your application:
- Current Employment Status
- Current Location
- Relevant Technical Skills
Thank you for your time and consideration – we look forward to hearing from you.